The Georgia Ready Mixed Concrete Association (GRMCA) advocates for the ready mix concrete industry in both the legislative and regulatory arena. We are engaged at both the state and federal level and seek to build industry awareness and solidify relationships amongst our elected officials and regulators.
Each January, the Georgia General Assembly convenes in Atlanta for several months to debate policy for the state. GRMCA is an active participant and makes its voice heard on issues important to the ready mix industry. You can follow updates to the Legislative Session here.
GRMCA also interfaces with various state agencies to ensure that state policy is executed appropriately and fairly towards our industry. Some of the agencies we interface with are:
- Georgia Department of Transportation
- Georgia Department of Revenue
- Georgia Department of Community Affairs
- Georgia Department of Public Safety – Motor Carrier Compliance Division
- Georgia Department of Natural Resources – Environmental Protection Division
In addition, GRMCA works with the National Ready Mixed Concrete Association (NRMCA) in order to convey our industry’s voice to our elected officials in Washington, D.C.