Technical Activities Committee
- Working with GDOT Staff To Update Outdated SOPs
- Working on the issue of testing lab accountability. Substandard concrete field testing identified as a critical issue by GRMCA members.
Testing lab accountability
What is our goal?
- GRMCA wants to bring accountability to commercial concrete field testing.
How do we intend to do so?
- Qualification/disqualification process for labs
- Increased certification requirements for inspectors
- Rejection of results through code enforcement
- Possibly permitting of lab work prior to jobs.
What have we accomplished?
GRMCA has proposed amendments to the building code that ensure the following:
- Personnel in the field and in the lab must be ACI certified.
- ACI certification is verifiable.
- Code Enforcement understands there is a minimum standard for testing concrete.
- Certification requirements are enforceable.
- Potential to begin rejecting test results that are not conducted according to code.
For more information, please contact committee chair Vance Robinson.